Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Trade Notice No, 39/2019-20
Date: 19thNovember, 2019
2. Members of Trade/Industry
Subject: Incorrect Data in certain lECs – corrective action required from Exporters
On analysis of the DGFT IEC database, it has been observed that there are certain data mismatch issues which require immediate corrective action. Following two broad categories of data mismatch in IECs (Import Export Code number) have been reported:
i. Incorrect Permanent Account Number (PAN)
ii. More than one IEC against same PAN
2. The details of mismatch in lECs under these two categories are at Annexure -I and Annexure –
II. The lECs with incorrect Permanent Account Number (PAN) (22,893 Nos.) are at AnnexureI and more than one IEC against same PAN (8353 Nos.) are at Annexure – II of this Trade Notice.
3. Id all such submissions, and provide a report to DGFT (HQ) along with their recommendations (if any) for non-suspension of such lECs by 15 December 2019.
7. The time period till 15 December 2019 is provided as an opportunity for making a representation in writing or, if that person so desires, of being heard, as per Section 8(1)(b) of Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act, 2010.
8. IEC holders are also requested to update their IEC database periodically so as to reflect the correct particulars including email/mobile which is used for communication purposes. These changes/amendments can be made directly through the ‘Online JEC Application’ amendment module available on the DGFT Website under the ‘Services’ link.
9. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority
(Issued from File No.01/02/29/AM-20/EG&TF)
Asst. Director General of Foreign Trade
Tel: 011-23061562 / Ext.229