Importer Exporter Code Number – IEC Code Number
IEC code is issuing by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade to Importers and Exporters for Importing and Exporting Purpose, DGFT is a main issuing authority of 10 digit IEC Code, working under Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
Notification of IEC – Importer Exporter Code Number
Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT) issued a Policy Circular No.15 (RE-2006)/2004-2009 Date: 27th July, 2006) for New System for issuance of Importer-Exporter Code Number.
Eligibility condition and Legal Provisions are given for IEC Code Application in Foreign Trade (Regulation) Rules, 1993 Ministry of Commerce, Notification No. GSR 791 (E), dated 30-12-1993. Online Application Ayaat Niryaat ANF2A Form for IEC Code. The application can be download.
This is known as “Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A” since 2005. Along with IEC Code Number Application Form it is necessary to submit Appendix-18B Attested by Applicant’s Banker in his letter head with two passport size photo).
Procedure for to obtain duplicate copy of IEC Code Number :
When an IEC Code Number will lost or misplaced, lodge FIR any Policy Station near by you. then the issuing authority may consider on your requests to grant of a duplicate copy of IEC number, if accompanied by an affidavit.
Surrender of IEC Number, If not using
If an IEC Code holder does not want to operate continue allotted IEC number, he may surrender the same by informing the issuing authority DGFT, on receipt of such intimation, the issuing authority shall immediately cancel the same and electronically transmit it to DGFT for onward transmission to the Customs and Regional Authorities.
Application Fee For IEC Code Number : Presently Fee Application for IEC : Rs 250.00
Mode of Payment :
Pay Fee for IEC Code by Demand Draft of any Bank or Payment through EFT ( Electronic Fund Transfer by Nominated Bank by DGFT Like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, UTI Bank, Punjab National Bank, Central Bank etc) or Application fee can deposited by TR6 Challan with Duplicate Copy in any branch of Central Bank of India and TR6 Challan need to be submit along with IEC Code Application.
Profile of Importer/ Exporter in Aayaat Niryaat Form Part 1
Every Importer/Exporter shall require to file importer/ exporter profile once with the Regional Authority in Part 1 of Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A. Regional Authority shall enter the information furnished in Part 1 of Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A in their database so as to dispense with the need for asking the repetitive information. In case of any change in the information given in Part 1 of Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A, importer/exporter shall intimate the same to the Regional Authority.
Self Addressed Stamped Envelope :
The applicant shall furnish a self addressed envelope of 40 x 15 cm with postal stamp affixed on the envelope as follows for all documents required to be sent by Speed Post:
- a Within local area Rs. 25.00
- b Up to 200 Kms. Rs. 30.00
- c Between 200 to 1000 Kms Rs. 30.00
- d Beyond 1000 Kms. Rs. 50.00
Mandatory Requirements :
- PAN Number
- Current Bank Account
- Bankers Certificate
- IEC Code Application Fee : Rs 250.00 (Expert TIP : Pay by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer ), TR-6 Challan through Central Bank of India any Branch.The physical application containing required documents with duplicate copy, should reach DGFT RLA concerned within 15 days of its online submission.
Check to document list at the time of offline filling IEC Code application :
- Covering Letter letter head.
- Two copies of the application in prescribed format (Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF 2A for JDGFT office purpose. Each page must signed by application before to submit it.
- Part 1 & Part 4 has to be filled in by all applicants. In case of applications submitted electronically.
- Only relevant portions of Part 2 need to be filled in, Part 1 is Profile of Exporter and Importer, Part 4 is Declaration..Rs 250.00 Bank Receipt (in duplicate)/Demand Draft/EFT, or TR-6
challan (Original duplicate copy) .
- Banker’s Certificate given in format Appendix 18A.
- Self certified copy of PAN issuing letter or PAN photo copy (Permanent Account Number).
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant duly attested by the Banker.
- Self addresses envelope with Rs.25/- postal stamp for delivery of IEC certificate by registered post.
No fee is payable for modification/amendment if such application is made in 90 days. Otherwise, a fee of Rs.1000 may be paid in form of demand draft in favour of The Additional Director General of Foreign Trade (CLA),New Delhi. No fee is required for inclusion of PAN no. in the old IEC. The amount should be in the form of Demand Draft/Pay order from any designated bank in favour of The Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, (CLA), New Delhi. Treasury Receipt from the following designated Central Bank of India branches is also accepted.
- Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi 110011
- 10, Community Centre, Lawrence Road, Delhi-11035 18/4
- Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi 110001
- 55, Madhubani, Nehru Place, New Delhi-11
The staff at the IEC counter will check the documents as per the check list, which need to be filed by him/her. If the documents are not sufficient, then he/she will return the application there and then.
How to submit application
Application can be submitted in person by Authorised Representative of the Company at the R & I counters in the office Or It can be sent by post/courier.
Processing of Application
The application can be submitted at the counter in person at the office or it can be sent through Post/Courier. An acknowledgement in form of a receipt having File Number is generated on receipt of application. The file number is used for any correspondence/query regarding the IEC application submitted to the office.
The application is then sent to IEC section where it is processed. If the application is found complete in all aspects (as per requirements prescribed) an IEC is generated, or else a deficiency letter stating the nature of deficiency is prepared and sent to the applicant. Replies are awaited in cases where deficiency letter is issued and after due compliance by the applicant the IEC is allotted.
Issue and Despatch of IEC : IEC allotment letter is sent through post at the registered office mentioned by the applicant in the application. Similarly deficiency letters are sent to applicant by post.
IEC application status available on the website of CLA (www.dgft.gov.in/dgftcla )
The BIN (Business Identification Number) number generated by the customs authorities can be viewed on:
PBX No. Tel-011-23379111, 23379112, 23379113
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relation Officer – 23378740